Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chocolate Donuts!!

They actually turned out pretty darn amazing. And they tasted really good.....in my family's opinion.






I dunno. I think it looks good. Its not to the Dunkin level, but its getting there.






Well it started of with the batter (recipe below). Hehe yeah, its empty because it is in the doughnut maker. Or I might of just ate it raw ;)







Okay, so all the batter went into this doughnut maker. Umm.....about 2 tablespoon per hole thing. 







So this is how it turned out. Pretty gorgeous if I do say so myself. And I do.




So then, I decided to add something that I realllllllly loved......SPRINKLES!!!

and then it was all magic :)






Oh, and I topped it off with Nutella. Not Nutella frosting. Simply Nutella. Absolutely delicious.



Recipe for Chocolate Donuts :


1¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup cocoa
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 egg
¾ cup buttermilk
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla






Instructions:



Stir dry ingredients together in mixing bowl. Add egg, buttermilk, vegetable oil and vanilla. Using a mixer on medium speed, blend until smooth.
Fill each cooking reservoir with about 2 tablespoons of batter.
Bake about 4 to 6 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean.
Glaze or coat with powdered sugar, as desired. Or sprinkles.


Makes approximately 28 donuts


Tip: If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, pour 2¼ teaspoons lemon juice or vinegar into a glass measuring cup.  Add milk to equal ¾ cup. Allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes, then use in place of buttermilk in this recipe.\





*This recipe is from Babycakes.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please free to leave me comments and questions! :)