Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Traditional Sweets of Bangladesh

As many know, Bangladesh is a small country with a enormous heart filled to the brim with culture. And their desserts  prove it in every way :) Anyways, I was recently at a Bangladeshi " festival" and there was a table filled with all kinds of desserts from Bangladesh. 












This a dessert very common in Bangladesh,  but honestly, the name of this slipped from my mind. This is made from bread and is coated in powdered sugar. Inside it is soft and doughy. Its sugary flavor is definitely on the tongue's list of favorite. You must try this- you will be happy you did. :)







This is Shemai (Shei-my). It is made from sweet vermicelli noodles and is soaked in milk, sugar, and a handful of other ingredients. This is super simple and takes only a couple of minutes to make.







Now this, is the best thing I've ever tasted.  It is simply fabulous. Its called Boondheeya (Boond- eeya). It made of tiny balls of colorful dough soaked in a special syrup. It is juicy, flavorful, and a must-have.









This you guys, is classic. Just classic. This is called Fini. Its made of mainly milk (again) with some butter, sugar, etc. Its super duper simple and will be ready in no time!






Oh! I almost forgot. This here is by FAR, the most common dessert in all of South Asia. I'm probably gonna spell it wrong, but her it is: Roshagolla (Raw-sha-gowl-la). It is fantastic and everybody adores it. <3







Sweets<3

3 comments:

  1. Dear Raida
    I can not see any photos of these sweets. All the other pictures seem OK. The problem may be at my end but I thought I would let you know. Great site and recipes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know! I'll be fixing this as soon as possible.

      Delete
  2. Raida hogh five we r both like bangladesh now we can like be like bffs. Yayyyayayayayay like so totes bbxnzksbfkabfj sry about that my pet monkey was beong stupid

    ReplyDelete

Please free to leave me comments and questions! :)