Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The Ever-So Scrumptious Peach Pie

Scrumptious is a big word. With an exciting definition. Its a word that I use rarely, mainly because it leaves my mouth with an extremely awkward feeling that I don't necessarily crave. I don't why I get that feeling, but I do. But when I say something is scrumptious, then its gotta be delicious. No doubt.

Oh no.  I'm rambling about words and my feelings about them....... again. But honestly, I can't help it. The peach pie was so good, that I wasn't finished with just one slice. Or...... just 3 slices. I'm sorry, Not Really Peach Pie is one of my weaknesses. Oh, don't give me that look..... its gonna be one of  your weaknesses too. :)

Also, this recipe was adapted from many different sites: Taste of HomeFood,Nita's Peach Pie (PD)









                First, chop up the peaches and toss them all into a bowl. I usually get my peaches  from                 the local grocery store, but you could definitely try the farmers market. And about the chopping, you may cut to your own desire.  :)




           In the meantime, in a separate bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. The cinnamon, flour, and the sugar...




Just pour all the dry ingredients into the very patient bowl of chopped peaches. Give it a few tosses, and be very careful to make sure the dry ingredients aren't all stuck on the bottom. 

Ta-da! ; )



This is  my semi-thawed  pie crust. Its store bought. Why? I think I was feeling lazy that day or something. 
But don't worry, my top crust is homemade.



So I take out my pre made pie dough, that was lying in the refrigerator ( psst! Look for my Pie Crust Recipe on my previous post). I take out a rolling pin and a cutting board, and roll out my dough in order  to prep for the lattice pattern that going to go on the top.



Unfortunately, my latticing skills just weren't  on spot, so it was a bit funny. Hehe. Please don't judge me. 




After crimping the edges, and forgetting to cover the edges with foil (a mistake I deeply regretted later), the pie went into the oven. Trust me, it was a glorious moment. :)





Tadah! This is the finished product, and it was delish! And also, sorry about the terrible mistake...it was solely on my bad memory. Enjoy!



***************


Ingredients:

- 1/2 -1 cup sugar (Depends on whether you have a sweet tooth or not; also keep aside 2 tbsp of sugar for later)
 - 5 cups of  fresh peaches, approximately 4 large  peaches.
- enough pastry dough for a double crust 9-inch pie
- 1/2-1/3 cup of all-purpose flour
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-2 tablespoon of butter

***********************************************


Instructions:

- Preheat the Oven to 425 degrees F.
-Into  a bowl, stir the cinnamon, flour, and sugar together, and set  it aside.
- Wash and slice  up the fresh peaches ( peeling is optional)
- Mix the peaches with the dry mixture that was  set aside.
- Put the mixture into the pastry-lined pie tin and dot it with butter.
-If you want to do the lattice pattern, roll out the top crust, cut into strips accordingly (roughly 3/4 wide),  and  place them in a "one over, one under" pattern.
-After placing/latticing the top crust, sprinkle the top with sugar
- Cover the edges with aluminum foil to prevent browning (oops!); remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking.
-Bake for around 30-45 minute, or until the crust browns and juice begins  to bubble through the slits in the crust.


2 comments:

Please free to leave me comments and questions! :)